[18/06, 8:30 AM] Alexander: (7a)
Citizenship education is education that provides the background knowledge necessary to create an ongoing stream of new citizens participating and engaging with the creation of a civilized society.
(1)Citizenship by Birth; This is for those who were born in Nigeria. Although being born in Nigeria does not automatically confer Nigerian citizenship.
(2)Citizenship by Descent; This means at least one of the parents of the person is a Nigerian even if the person was born outside of Nigeria
(3)Citizenship by Registration; This type of citizenship can be obtained by any of the following persons: A foreign child adopted by Nigerian parents.
(4)Citizenship by Naturalisation; Anyone who is of full age and has lived in Nigeria for at least fifteen years and has intentions to continue residing in Nigeria. Such person must be familiar with the customs and language of Nigeria and must be able to support himself/herself.
[18/06, 8:30 AM] Alexander: 2a
Political apathy is a feeling of disinterest in the sense of politics or apathy towards politics. It can consist of interest apathy, voter apathy, and information apathy.
OR It can be categorized as the indifference of an individual and a lack of interest in participating in political activities
PICK ANY 4
Forms of Political Apathy
- Refusal to register:
Voters registration is an essential aspect of election which the electoral body takes very seriously, it is the pre-condition for voting in an
election , some citizens see registration of voters as a waste of time, so people give excuses to ignore the exercise.
- Refusal to belong to a political party: political party is a body of people who come together with the goal of leading the state or country, it is through political party an individual can aspire to any political position or emerge as a candidate for election
- Refusal to fight or protest against rigging and other electoral malpractices: Electoral malpractices is a situation where in which electorate and electoral bodies falsifies and manipulate the electoral process, especially voting in order to ensure that an unpopular candidate wins the election which could be in form of ballot snatching, multiple voting etc, such nonchalant attitude helps wrong people to emerge as leaders.
- Refusal to vote: Refusal to vote is a situation whereby the total number of votes cast is very low compare to the total number of registered voters, this is the most common form of apathy, many eligible voters deliberately avoids to vote.
- Refusal to participate in electoral process : This involves participating in series of events or activities or activities such as debates, seminars, campaign
Reasons For Political Apathy
- Bad Governance: The government of Nigeria for instance rules in a bad and carefree manner, their act does not motivate people thereby making people to ignore and nonchalant to political activities.
- Election Rigging : so many citizens belief that no matter the level of security election are going to be rigged either directly or indirectly thereby they see voting as a waste of time and energy.
- Past History of Political Occurrence: Due to the fact that some family members, friends and relatives have been victimized in the process of participating in political issues, because of this experience people decide not to participate in politics.
- Violent Campaign :
Sometimes, the way political parties carry out their carry out their campaigns appears too violent and this can lead to lack of interest in politics.
[18/06, 8:45 AM] Alexander: (3)
(i)Colonial Influence: Most public corporations incorporated in Nigeria during the colonial era are no longer inform since the departure of colonial masters who were the initiators of this public corporation. Some of these public corporations were seized and manipulated by private individuals into their own private businesses.
(ii)Corruption : The effectiveness of the public service has been slowed down by bribery and corruption to the extent that public servants fail to perform their official duties as they look forward to bribery before carrying out their duties.
(iii)Inadequate Training Facilities : The Nigerian public service lacks adequate training facilities for staff improvement of skill. They have to send many of the staff abroad for more training and some of the staff through the medium may not return but settle for their private pursuits there.
(iv)Poor Orientation and Low Salaries: Public servants get poor or no orientations about their jobs. This is coupled with their low salary earnings as peanut which is another reason for shortcomings.
(v)Political Instability : Constant and regular change of top rank office holders in public service brings about constant instability of rules and regulations. This constantly leads to the shortcomings in the public service.
[18/06, 8:45 AM] Alexander: (6a)
Traffic regulation can be defined as the rules and regulations which guide the behavior or action of road users.
(ii)Fatigue and headache
(iii)Swollen lymph nodes, achy muscles and joint pain
(i)Fever: The fever, usually one of the first symptoms of HIV, is often accompanied by other mild symptoms, such as fatigue, swollen lymph glands, and a sore throat. At this point the virus is moving into the blood stream and starting to replicate in large numbers. As that happens, your immune system induces an inflammatory reaction.
(ii)Fatigue and headache;
The inflammatory response generated by your besieged immune system can cause you to feel tired and lethargic. Sometimes it can make you feel winded while walking or generally feel out of breath. Fatigue can be both an early and later symptom of HIV.
(iii)Swollen lymph nodes, achy muscles and joint pain: Lymph nodes are part of your body’s immune system and protect your blood by getting rid of bacteria and viruses. They tend to get inflamed when there’s an infection. Many of them are located in your armpit, groin and neck which can result in aches and pains in these areas.
(iv)Skin rash: Skin rashes can occur early or late in the course of HIV seroconversion. In some cases the rash can appear similar to boils with itchy, pink breakouts.
(i) Tolerance :people should tolerate their partners for such relationship to last long.
(ii) kindness/charity :This is one essential skill to promote interpersonal relationship. This means that both the partners must always be there for each other,at the point of need.
(iii) patience/Endurance :Both partners (people ) in any kind of inter-personal relationship are supposed to patiently treat and endure for each other,even at the point of pleasures or difficulties of anybody
(iv) forgiveness; counting offended ,mistakes ,weakness etc does not help a relationship to grow. partners should learn or imbibe the habit of forgiving their partner’s mistakes whenever such arises.
(v) Respect /cheerfulness: people in any kind of relationship should have deep down respect and cheerfulness for each other in order for their relationship to last long